FDDI’S INTERNATIONAL TESTING CENTRE (ITC), CHENNAI
Equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art equipments and highly qualified team of technical experts, FDDI’s International Testing Centre (ITC), Chennai is greatly helping the footwear and leather industry, through a host of testing solutions and services & delivering accurate, consistent and reliable results with minimum possible time at the doorstep of one of the major clusters of India in the State of Tamil Nadu.
Internationally certified by Shoe Allied Trade Research Association (SATRA), UK, it’s a 'One-Stop-Shop-Solution Provider' for all the testing requirements specializes in testing of leather, leather products, footwear, footwear components, upholstery, gloves, textile products & plastics.
In fact, it is the first facility of its own kind in whole of Asia to receive the coveted international accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by DAkkS, Germany.
The ITC has full-fledged Chemical and Physical Laboratories, having a complement of state-of-art testing equipment, all calibrated to the most demanding industry standards where all kind of diversified chemicals and physical tests are performed within strict time schedules.
The laboratory maintains highest standards of Physical and Mechanical testing, Quality Control, and all related activities. The laboratory is equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art equipments and manned by well qualified and trained staff.
- Tensile Strength & Tear Strength;
- Endurance Test (for e.g. Flexing of Sole & Upper);
- Performance Test (for e.g. Complete Shoe Flexing Test);
- Ageing and Weathering Test (for e.g. Hydrolysis & Weathering);
- Slip Resistance Test;
- Bonding Test.
Comprehensive Range of Tests Performed on Variety of Materials:
- Complete Footwear, Component and Allied Materials;
- Sports Goods;
- Textile & Fabric for Clothing;
- Ageing and Weathering Test;
The Chemical Laboratory is well equipped with all the modern instruments / techniques of Chemical Analysis.
TEST RANGE & MATERIALS:
- Chemical Testing Materials such as - Leather, Textiles and Polymers;
- Testing of Banned Materials such as - AZO dyes, Trichlorophneol, Tetrachlorophenol, Pentachlorophenol, Formaldehyde, Chromium-6, Chromium Trioxide, Heavy Metal Detection, Dispersed Dyes, pH and pH of Water Soluble, Ash Content, Oil & Fat Content, Phthalates, Water Soluble Content, RoHS.
- UV- Visible Spectrophotometer: This is used for analysis of compounds having double-triple bonds and functional groups such as OH, COOH, COCH3 etc.
- HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography): This is a very versatile analytical tool used for determination of amines and Formaldehyde (HCHO).
- GC-ECD & FID (Gas Chromatography coupled with Electron Capture Detector and Flame Ionisation Detector): The ECD is selective towards compounds with electronegative groups such as chlorinated phenols and Biphenyls and FID is used to check purity of solvents and VOC's (Residual Solvents).
- FTIR (Fourier Transform Infra Red Spectroscopy): This is used as quick analytical tool for identification of chemicals, powders and solvents. This special ATR device is widely used for the identification of Plastics and polymers.
- ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma with Mass Spectrometer): This is widely used for the detection/estimation of heavy metals such as Lead, Cadmium, Mercury, Arsenic etc, to a very low level to extent of ppb/ppt.
- LC-MS (Liquid Chromatograph coupled with Mass Selective Detector): This is used for analysis of residual pesticides, disperse and allergenic dyes, etc.
- GC-MS (Gas Chromatograph coupled with Mass Selective Detector): This is used for determination of pesticides, phthalates, DMF etc.
The tests at the laboratory are conducted as per various standards depending on the customer's requirement. Reliability and authenticity is the watchword here as it continuously updates and tries to maintain itself as per latest technology & highest standard.
To address the testing challenges being faced by the Leather, Footwear & Leather products industries and to provide an opportunity for exchange of specific information in achieving regulatory compliance for the same, the ITC also organizes ‘Technical Workshops’. During this, international experts deliver their expertise as lectures, power point presentation, slides and samples.
Committed for giving best services to the companies who are looking to optimize their spending on testing.